Pageviews last month

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

2014 Finally in the Rear View Mirror: Some Hard Lessons to Take into 2015

I hope you all had a great Christmas and are ready to have a great new year!  I for one am so glad to be wrapping up 2014.  This is where I would usually check over my 2014 goals and see how I did.  I can tell you life got in the way of goals.  I will say the entire year did push me out of my comfort zone and that was one goal.  I will also say that many of the things we went through made me grateful for the people and good things in my life.  Other than that this year was not really about goals.

You may ask what have I been doing with my time off the last week or so.  I would like to say we have been off everyday having adventures.  We have done some of that, but we have also spent some needed time helping my mother and more needed time just getting over this year by watching movies, spending time together, and cuddling kitties.  Of course their has been running.  In fact lots of running.  As 2015 bore down on hubby and I, we realized we were far from our 1,000 miles for the year.  Catching up by running in a bunch of different places we don't get to very often has been very therapeutic.  I hit my 1,003 today and he is at 999.  The odometer will turn over on tomorrow's run.  We start the new year with ATC 2015 Resolution Run on New Years Day.

As we wrap up the year what are the big plans for 2015?  This year I have only one plan.  I will be present.  I will be present where I am when I am there and I will be grateful to be there.  I have no performance goals and no lofty career goals.  I just plan to be there and bring my whole self to the table whether a family event, caregiver responsibility, work, or fitness.  I think if I can do that 2015 will be a departure from 2014.

Grateful to be able to look ahead instead of back.  Wishing you and yours a happy, healthy New Year in 2015.


2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! I hope 2015 brings you much joy and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, and I hope 2015 is a great year for you! I love that goal of being present. I am guilty of living in the future too often so that's something I want to work on as well.

    ReplyDelete