Pageviews last month

Sunday, July 5, 2015

Week in Review

This week was pretty good.  It was also my first experience with my Fitbit Charge HR.  I am a geek, so being able to see so many stats about my fitness is weirdly motivating and also I know, a little weird.  I have been tracking in My Fitness Pal also and my charge links to that account.

Monday - I got in a pre-work 5K and stayed within my calorie count.
Tuesday - Got in a 4:30 AM 5K and a 30 minute after work strength session
Wednesday - A quick 3.2 at 4:30 AM
Thursday  - I got a 2 and 1/2 mile run in and then hit Gym for after work strength session
Friday - We did a 2 mile shakeout in anticipation of the Peachtree Road Race
Saturday - Walked 3 1/2 miles navigating PRR, ran Peachtree Road race Largest 10K in the US at least.  Historic weather.  I will do a more complete report later.

I have a question and observations for the week.

We are headed to the beach on Friday for a weekend trip followed by three days in Savannah for the annual Georgia Water Conference.  I am thinking I will wear my Fitbit but seriously thinking about not logging in My Fitness Pal.  Just taking a break and enjoying my vacation.  Thoughts?

Also two quick observations.  One is a victory lap.  I have been trying to get hubby to the chiropractor.  Those who read my blog know I go every week and I find it super helpful.  Especially since running is tough on the body, older bodies in particular.  Hubby finally went and I have added him to my plan.  He could not stopping talk about how good it felt.  I am happy, not because I was right, but because I think he will actually feel better and be healthier.

Eating real food at home, bringing real food from home for lunch and giving up alcohol make a huge difference in my overall health! Duh!  Just thought I would let you now. Stayed within my calorie goal everyday.    Have a great week.  Four days of work then beach bound!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the great week! I've had a couple weeks of over indulgence so im planning on giving up alcohol for a bit as well. And eating real food instead of take out :) I haven't tried a chiropractor but I keep hearing others rave about them. I think I need to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete