Pageviews last month

Monday, January 6, 2014

Cold Today- Pushing Past Limits

So is this really the sunny south?  Today was one of those days that gave me an opportunity to push past my comfort zone.  It was predicted that we would have ice and snow this am.  I decided it was not smart to run with potential black ice in the dark.  Hubby and I decided to run together after work. It is a big help to have hubby when I am thinking I can't do this.

So first of all I am not great running after work.  Also today was one of those days where we hit the balmy high of 28 this morning and it dropped like a rock all day with a strong wind and dropping wind chill.  When hubby and I got out to run it was 18 degrees with a wind chill of 1 degree.  The head wind on the second half was ridiculous.  Really, I live in Atlanta!!!! I really did feel this run.  I have asthma so running in this cold is a challenge.  Running at a less than optimal time is a challenge.  I am happy to say I persevered.   I finished and I felt pretty good.  I had on a pair of yoga pants over my tights, a long sleeve shirt and a hoodie from the Hot Chocolate Race last year.  I wore two pair of gloves and two pair of socks.  Of course around mile 2 I could not feel my lips anymore.  We did three then headed home for a meatless Monday veggie pasta and some wine. 

I think I stretched enough today.  Tomorrow early AM run on my treadmill in a tank top and shorts watching the frost through the window.  Hubby is sleeping in; school is called due to cold.  Sometimes you can push past your comfort zone.

Today I am grateful to head back to work and get back in the swing of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment