Pageviews last month

Thursday, January 2, 2014

2014 - What's it Gonna Be

I really love a new year.  Maybe because I am really fond of new starts and clean slates, and I also like the idea that what happens next is really in your control. All the promise of change and transformation is a heady combination.  I did not rush my new year goal blog post because I really wanted to examine where I am and where I need to go.  I think I have it narrowed down to some key attainable goals.

1) Stretch past my self-imposed limits and boundaries - This means both physically and mentally.  Yesterday I started that by facing my fear of heights and hiking to the top of Stone Mountain.  If you have a fear of heights you know it is not the ascent, it is the idea of the descent from there. As much as I told my husband and myself I was fine going only 3/4 of the way up; he helped me and I made myself continue to the top.  I made it down without falling off the face of the mountain.  I hope to work on this in different areas of my life. 

2) Live my priorities - I have good intentions to say no to things that take me away from what is important and focus on things that matter but I don't always succeed.  I am going to start asking myself, is this in line with what I value, before I let someone convince or guilt me into doing something. 

3) Run Everyday that I am able - That means if I am not injured or sick, I run.  Even just a mile.  Hoping to crack the 1200 mile year this year.  No excuses like work or I am tired.  I have a treadmill, new Bluetooth Ear Buds, plenty of shoes, I mean come on.  No wussing out this year.

4) Practice gratitude - It is an act.  Whenever I think why me? or Why this or that?  I need to take a minute and find something I am grateful for.  I think I will start ending my blog with something I am grateful for each entry.  Then at least I will be consciously focusing on it a couple of times a week.

I think these are good goals for me this year.  They may not be too specific but I think they are good guiding principles.

Today I am grateful for the roof over my head since it is raining and cold outside. 

Hope you attain your goals this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment