Pageviews last month

Sunday, April 6, 2014

It's Been a While

So it has been a while.  This break from running and blogging was brought to you by Pneumonia, which I have been dealing with for the last three weeks  I thought it was bronchitis and a sinus infection, to be fair, may have started that way.  Just so my husband feels vindicated, might have stayed that way if I took some time off from work and rested before pneumonia forced me to do that.  So since mid-march I am pretty sure my mileage has not reached double digits, however a couple of attempted runs did almost result in my passing out, due to lack of oxygen. 

All of this is to say after yet another medication change I am finally back among the living and feel like myself. Today I was able to enjoy a little 3 and a half mile run with my hubby.  I also finally got through this ridiculous work period and got an important reminder about taking it easy sometimes.  I have some weekend work and out of town trips coming up, but I think I will balance them with leaving early on slower days and finding some down time.  I am looking forward to getting back in the swing of my fitness activities and back to some regular blogging.  So far 2014 has been a challenging one.  I am looking forward to the return of warm weather and running. 

Also apparently I have reactive airway disease and now have a brand new inhaler and Singulair to take during the allergy season before I run.  According to my Dr. this will prevent the regular cases of bronchitis I get a coupe of times a year.  Here's hoping. 

Today I am grateful to have some energy and super grateful to be able to run!

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're feeling better, Kathy! I had pneumonia once and I can't think of any single other curable condition that knocks you out like that! Take it easy getting back into things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brian. I have been easing back in. Even cancelled an evening event this week. Pretty tired at the end of the day did not think I was up for a 14 hour work day.

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear about the pneumonia :( I'm glad you're feeling better and that the new medicine may help even more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I do feel better. Even got some regular running in this week.

      Delete