Pageviews last month

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Taking It Easy this Week

So this is the week before my half marathon.  I have to lower my mileage and intentionally run easier all week.  This should be a fairly easy task, but I am not that big a fan of taking it easy.  I like to think of everything I do as some kind of ultimate endurance challenge.  Hey, you have your hobbies; I have mine. 

I really want to enjoy my half and I want to be ready and feeling good so I know the smart thing to do is to take everything down a notch for the week.  Fortunately, Mother Nature is helping me out.  Apparently she has no faith in my ability to dial back all my natural instincts either.  Anyway we are expecting rain for most of the week, and I think I have been over this before I am not a huge fan of the treadmill so even if I really needed to build mileage this week I probably would not be successful!  I guess everything works out. 

I am excited about my half.  I just need to keep that in mind this week and realize I will get a chance for a nice long run on Sunday.  Hubby and I were looking up the race info and it looks like there are about 1,000 folks running the half so it should be fun.  They posted the refueling stations, and with 8, I think I will be just fine.  Hubby introduced me to Honey Stinger Waffles and I think we will be picking up a couple this week.  The weather should be perfect about 29 degrees at the start and staying in the 30's for the race.  I have my compression jacket running tights and gloves ready.  I have, "knock on everything," managed to stay healthy.  I feel good, no injuries.  I will have my regular Chiropractor appointment on Wednesday and to treat myself, I decided to take Monday after the race off with my hubby who is off for President's Day.  I hope everyone has a wonderful week.

Also today is the Lunar New Year!  It is the Year of the Snake.  My husband is a Snake so this should be a prosperous and happy year for him.  We celebrated with a traditional Vietnamese meal and a nice run together.  Sharing a meal, our love for running, and a quiet day together in our home with the furry little family members we love. Sounds just like the way I want to spend the year of the Snake!!

No comments:

Post a Comment