Pageviews last month

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Oh Yeah I am Running 13 Miles in a Month

This week was pretty good for training, but this weekend was the most focused one I have had since my crazy month of July started.  I got a run in everyday this week and weekly mileage was back up at 23 miles after a couple of weeks below 20.  I also got my three strength days in, finishing up today with upper body and core after our 10K run at the River.  My workout week runs Mon-Sun.  I feel like getting a little speed run yesterday strength on Friday and Sunday and getting a much less painful long run in today it was pretty successful.  Also being back home I was able to cook and we were able to eat healthier and I could bring my lunch back to veggie lunches with fruit.

I think I am back on the train, but their is definitely a train bearing down on me from the other side.  Diva Half is exactly a month from this weekend.  Time to buckle down or the Sunday after that race won't be a funday!  We have the Jog Days 5K on Saturday.  I told hubby h should run his own race without me.  I know I held him back at Decatur Dekalb a few weeks ago.  Also I am going to run Jog Days for fun, my big workout next weekend will be Sunday.  I need to do 8 miles and then 10 next weekend. Then I should be Diva ready.  Especially because my plan is to use Diva as a long training run for Silver Comet Half.  I should be able to get my run done in 10-10:30 min/mile.  That's my goal just slow and easy.

Back at it next week.  Early morning run to start Monday as usual.  Today I am grateful for my hubby who always supports me and pushes me.  He is a great training partner!!  Hope you had a good week!!

6 comments:

  1. Keep up the great work! You're doing awesome! I can't wait to hear how the Diva Half goes. I will be running our local Diva 5K in a few months, and I'm really excited.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer. I am excited about all women half. I think it will be empowering. Hot but empowering!!

      Delete
  2. Oh, somehow I missed that you were running one of the Diva races. There's one around here and I'm definitely interested to hear how yours goes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will let you know. I think it will be fun. I will let you know how it is!!

      Delete
  3. Good stuff, Kathy! (you just exhausted me....lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny! Can't wait to hear how you exhaust me on your next run ;).

      Delete