Pageviews last month

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Surprisingly Smooth

To be perfectly honest I was dreading today's run.  I doubted I could hit any of the training goals, because that is the kind of week it has been.  Sometimes we surprise ourselves.  I spent a good part of the morning trying to shake off the week.  Sometimes if you take that mental energy with you, you are done before you start.  Also helped that hubby decided to start the first half of his three miler with me.  That helped get me in the groove and far enough down the road that turning around would be an effort.  Surprisingly, I felt pretty good.  The infection under my arm is still healing but was a lot better.  My calf felt fine.

I had a couple of goals for this run:
On feet for 90 minutes
Accomplish at least 8 miles
Keep a slow even pace around 10 min. miles

I am happy to say I achieved all of those.  With warm up and cool down I hit 8.5 and it took 90 minutes.  Running averaged around 10 min/mile.  Overall I was happy.  I did loose my bandage from my arm about 3 miles in but it felt fine so I pressed on and got it done.

It was hot and 100% humidity, but at least the predicted rain held off.  Also the intermittent clouds made the run more bearable.  Lots of folks on Silver Comet today.  Oh yeah I don't know how much more safe I can be.  There was a Cobb SWAT Tactical vehicle on the left hand side of the trail as I ran back.  A subtle message to anyone planning to attempt any funny business.

For this week I will gt back to regular strength training three times this week, and next weekend get a 10 milere under my belt before Diva half.  If I can get that done I will be ready for Diva. Tomorrow I plan to hit the gym after work and do a short 2 mile recovery run on the treadmill.  I get to sleep in and give my tired legs a little extra rest time.

Hope everyone has a great training week.  Stamina and endurance, those are the goals for the week.  What are yours?

Today I am grateful that my cats are happy and healthy.  Frankie had a good check up at the vet and he seems to be handling his kidney disease well according to his vet.

No comments:

Post a Comment