Pageviews last month

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Rest Days


Theme for today!  Any guesses?  That's right I am tired.  My body, my legs, my mind; so tomorrow I will be doing something I have not done in months.  I am taking a rest day.  That means no strength training, no run, no walking for miles.  I am just going to get up and go to work.  Oh yeah also I will see my chiro for my weekly appointment.  I think a rest day will help me power through the rest of my strength training sessions this week, my race on Saturday, and my scheduled long run on Sunday.  The idea of all of those without a rest day is frankly exhausting.  Plus I did a lot of leg work today with my strength training I need a day to marinate, don't I?

Do you think rest days are valuable?  How often do you rest?  Today I am grateful for laughter with friends, family and colleagues.  Who isn't right?  Hope your week is going well.

2 comments:

  1. lol My first thought was that it's too bad that a rest day involves going to work! I think rest days are essential, I haven't seen too many training plans which don't include rest days so go for it and enjoy! And good luck on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think rest days are definitely important, and for me at least they've been vital to making this change to a more active lifestyle sustainable. In the past when I've had a goal to be healthier and go all in, I kind of burn out and go back to old habits. So far so good this time and I think part of the reason is that I'm following a schedule with 3 run days, 2 cross training days and 2 rest days per week.

    ReplyDelete