What surprised me the most about running?
- I can do something athletic. I was not exactly the high school track star. More like the twenty min miler, who wondered why I could not spend P.E. reading in the library.
- That it is true. It affects more aspects of your life than just fitness and health. I have found myself many times thinking "you can do this. You just ran in a downpour."
- That it really is fun, even when it is so not fun.
- My husband was right. Never saw that coming. Ladies you know what I mean.
- That it is really mostly mental. If you don't have an actual physical injury than the only thing stopping you is you.
- That I would need it. That on the days I can't run I am less than a joy to be a round. That I feel less accomplished, that I feel less without it.