Pageviews last month

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Late to the Party

So my hubby and I enjoyed a little easy 10-K this AM at the Silver Comet Trail.  The weather was beautiful around 39 degrees and sunny.  It was fun we were just talking and running like we do on weekends.  Running together is great couple time if you are looking for something to do together with your spouse, plus you will feel better and have more energy.

I have been amazed as I hit day 37 of my RW Holiday Running Streak.  I have been feeling pretty good and I expected to have a much tougher time.  Today hubby asked me again if I was going to continue my running streak after New Years Day.  I was thinking when I started this that New Years Day I would be running the Resolution Run with one thought in mind I don't have to run tomorrow.  Instead I am kind of bummed thinking that the official reason I committed to run everyday is over.  I am seriously considering joining hubby and continuing my streak at least for a while.  I am not sure, like him I can press through when sick or injured, but I am thinking of at least having the mindset that I plan to run everyday. 

Both of us had the same thought today as we started off the run.  My husband said "I can't believe I only started doing this 3 years ago.  I missed so much time." It was so weird, and maybe proof that we spend too much time together, but I had the same thought when I got up this morning.  Of course I can't claim 3 years of running.  I ran for the first time in February 2011, I can tell you it was not a pretty sight.  See below, sight has probably not improved much, but it is something I love instead of some weird form of pay back from my husband for what I imagined was some huge betrayal on my part, because why else would he make me run!  Now I am that girl. I talk about tights, and races, I have two sticks of body glide in my bathroom, and stand before my running shoes seeing how my feet feel before choosing a pair.  I get up at 4:30 most every morning because is there a better way to start your day than banging out a run?  I am grateful to my hubby for pushing me to run and pushing me past my doubts "I am no runner" and comfort zone.  Now I just need to make sure his greatest fear is never realized...I can't chick him since I owe him for even being able to say that!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment