Pageviews last month

Friday, July 12, 2013

Running on Work Trips

Trying to channel this feeling.  I have to leave tomorrow after the ATC Decatur Dekalb 4 Miler for the Annual Conference of the Georgia Water Professionals.  Remember that learning to say "no" New Year's Goal?  Yeah, haven't quite achieved that.  I have a jam packed schedule.  I am also trying to keep up my running streak.  I know this week will be full of shorter runs, mostly on the treadmill.  This is probably a good break for my legs. I am dreading balancing work obligations, running and still making sure hubby and I have quality time together.

Savannah is hot and humid, so running outside after the conference is a challenge.  My days start early but I can probably find some morning treadmill time.  I remember vividly last year that I thought I was too tired and blew off a few runs.  I was a real joy to be around.  Then on the 3rd day I just sucked it up. I was tired, but I got up and got my run in.  Amazingly I felt much better.  At least the Hyatt is a hotel we stay at all the time, so I know they have a great gym. I also need  to keep up my plank a day.  Well at least I started off on the right foot, I packed a running outfit for everyday.  I am hoping to get some work done at the conference, but enjoy some couple time too.  I hope if I run in the morning, conference stuff during the day, and evenings with hubby I will find that balance.  I already practiced saying no by turning down every invitation for after hours cocktails, parties, and dinners.  I told them that time is set aside for my husband.

The most challenging day will be Monday.  I am co-chair and organizer of the GAWP River Run and I have to be at the race around 5:30 AM.  I am hoping we can come back to the room and I can get in a quick mile, then head to breakfast before the convention center.  Fingers crossed! Fitting running in during vacation is no biggie.  Fitting it in while combining vacation and work is more challenging.  Do you have any hints for fitting in running while you are away for work?

No comments:

Post a Comment