Pageviews last month

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

A Not So Very Great Week...

So this week I have had some aches and pains and a mild lack of motivation.  Not really enough to keep from running.  I took a rest day Tuesday, because I thought both my glutes and my mind could use a break. I thought today I would be raring to go, but when it was time to get up I seriously thought "what would one more day matter."  Then I remembered hubby and I enjoyed our favorite spring/summer tradition in Smyrna, Food Truck Tuesday last night, and I knew I needed to run.

When I started my head wasn't in it but about 1 and 1/2 miles in I was there, but not really in my zone.  I just feel kind of off, a little sore, a little tired.  Maybe it is all the rain we keep having during the weekends.  Those runs are usually where I get a long run and get some sun.  I have been missing them, but the forecast looks promising for the long weekend.  I am looking forward to a three day weekend and some sun.  I am sure that will help me get more focused.  In the meantime, it is lay my clothes out and just power through.  I know the enthusiasm will return this is just a blip on the radar.

I was reading my Women's Running  today and I found this story about a woman who said that running helped her find balance at work.  As I read that story it really resonated with me.  I never put it exactly like that, but I can say the same.  She said, "when I discovered running I found something I loved to do as much or more than work.  I never had that before."  I find I am the same way.  I always loved my husband and my cats more than work, but I never had another activity that gave me the same since of satisfaction.  Running does that for me, and like her, I think it has made me easier to work with, so I guess I can push on through the week.

2 comments:

  1. Rain and bad weather can really suck the enthusiasm right out of you. We've had our fair share here, and I am ready for it to be over.

    It really is amazing how finding the right balance in life makes all the difference in our moods and attitudes. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am sure it is the weather. I felt better today! It is amazing that just finding something like running or something that adds value and balance can change your perspective.

      Delete