Pageviews last month

Friday, May 24, 2013

Going to Do This

I did the Runner's World Holiday Running Streak and it was great motivation to get out there and do it. I don't have a race until July 4th and I was looking for something so I think I will do the Runner's World Summer Challenge. The challenge is to run from Memorial Day until July 4th, at least one mile.  This will be a fun way to get ready for the Peachtree.

I have found that I am not iron woman and can't streak like hubby, who is at nearly 900 days, but I do informally do two or three weeks.  Before and after the Runner's World Holiday Running Streak I actually did about 10 weeks.  At some point my body, or my mind, or both just need a day break.  I have become a stronger runner so these streaks for 6 weeks become pretty doable.

I post it here so you can either join me or keep me accountable.  I link my DailyMile account so there is little room for me to say I ran when I did not.  So I have been running since Wednesday after I took Tuesday off to rest my glute.   I will just press on from there.  The weather is supposed to be great, finally and I hope a long run at the Big Creek Greenway with hubby is on tap.  I know some great Dim Sum at a new place my friend Amy found is on the books.  We have a three day weekend.  Hubby has 3 days left of post planning next week and then he's on summer vacay!  Finally today's run was better after pushing through all week.  Of course if my run had not been better I probably would not be posting about the 2013 Summer Running Streak Challenge!  Hope you have a great weekend and find the challenge that is right for you and keeps you motivated.

2 comments:

  1. That's a cool challenge! I don't know if my knees can handle running every day, but I think I can give it a shot! Good luck and have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did the Holiday Running Streak. I think it will be good since I am not particularly training for anything. Just a different kind of challenge.

      Delete