Pageviews last month

Friday, May 31, 2013

Long Week Recap - Still Streaking

I don't understand how a 4 day week can seem so long, but it was.  Apparently that is one of those mysteries of life we aren't meant to understand.  Most likely it was that I had to drive to South GA 31/2 hours one way up and back to teach a class on Thursday.  It was fun, but exhausting.  I have to say I am glad I committed to the Runner's World 2013 Summer Challenge because that at least kept my running moving forward.

I owe hubby for yesterday.  When I got home at 6:30 PM after leaving home a little after 4 AM the last thing I wanted to do was run a mile.  Hubby volunteered right away to run with me, even though he was done.  Of course note he is out of school, and has some free time.  He said it is only a mile.  It really helps to have someone run with you on those days.  We got in a little over a mile and then I got up this morning to run like always.  I expected to feel terrible, but today's run was actually really enjoyable.  Maybe because it is Friday and I have the weekend off!  Hubby is out of school and now he can run in the middle of the day.  Which he will.  Of course as the south warms up I was joined on my run this AM by tons of folks.  I wonder where these folks are in the winter when I m running at 4:30.  I suspect they are far saner than me and are in bed waiting for a little warmth from the sun and daylight.

Hoping to get back to some regular strength training next week.  I think my Glute is completely healed finally. I haven't had any pain the last couple of days.  I will say the week ended on a positive note.  Today I had to go to the opening of a new sustainability demonstration project by Bosch and they gave us our swag bags as we were leaving.  I was like great another key chain and flashlight.  I brought my assistant so she could meet some folks and learn about new technology.  She was lamenting more freebies saying she will just give the stuff away.  I looked in the bag and they had given us brand new IPod Nanos and a cool reusable Green Coffee mugs.  Needless to say can't wait to try it on a run.  Oh and I made my assistant's day by bringing her!  So a busy but overall successful week.

2 comments:

  1. I am doing the streak too! And, I hear you about the 4-day week seeming long. NICE goody bag you got! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck on your streak! Have a great week!

      Delete