Pageviews last month

Monday, May 13, 2013

Review of Last Week and New Goals

Last week I did pretty well on my goals.  I consider my running week to be the same as my Dailymile running week so it runs Monday-Sunday.  Of course I waited until Sunday to get in my second strength training workout.  I am a last minute girl when I don't really want to do something.  I did eat better and ended up cooking most of our meals.  Of course Mother's Day with my family meant burgers and hot dogs and nary a vegetable in sight.  My family doesn't really share my passion for exercise or healthy eating.  This might coincide with the only dinner topic revolving around everyone's many ailments.  Oh yeah and my husband and I planning a trip to Columbus, GA for the Soldier Half Marathon in November.  Surprisingly no one in my family will be joining me.

I did not get in a  long run but I did take Wednesday off after the track classic and got in 5 1/2 miles.  I was productive at work and I consciously focused on being grateful and in the moment and had a more serene week than I have in a while. As for the #k it went better than expected and I ended up 3rd in my age group. I did run everyday most days at least 3 miles.  All in all pretty successful.

My goals for this week:

Add value to people I interact with.  I got to attend the Chick Fil-A Leadercast last Friday and one of the speakers said this and I thought, "what a great idea.  I wonder if I actually do this?"  This goal is twofold.  Find out if I am approaching things that way and be more cognizant and if not start doing that.

Run 6 days this week - I have a really long day tomorrow I am a little sore so I plan to take a rest day Wednesday, but we will see.

Be kind

Strength training twice a week. rUnladylike asked today on her Facebook what are one fitness goal for the week is.  Again this is mine.

Get two of the cats in for their check ups.  I only have one more for annuals this year than we can start getting their teeth cleaned apparently they all need kitty dentistry.


Have a great week!!

3 comments:

  1. Came across your blog from Running Bloggers. Awesome goals for the week, hope it helps you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I find wrting them down makes me more accountable!

      Delete
  2. Kathy,

    I really enjoyed your blog and I wanted to email you but didn't find a link. I started a company in 2006 called Gracie's Gear (www.graciesgearandtraining.com) where we sold sports bra's and tanks to women with a patented zipper pouch. In 2008 I was diagnosed with cervical cancer and a few months following, my daughter developed an infection in her eye.
    Long story short, I was thrilled to come across your blog. I wanted to in-turn, share something I'm doing right now.

    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/drbotts/gracie-gear-and-powerpouchtm-designed-by-and-for-w

    I'm on Kickstarter trying to kickstart my company. My fight with cancer leaded me to shut my company down. But with the help of friends, fans, and family I'm trying to make a comeback.

    I hope you enjoy our video and maybe feel compelled to share.

    Thanks Kathy! Take Care,

    -Gracie

    ReplyDelete