Pageviews last month

Monday, January 28, 2013

It is Your Choice

A friend on Dailymile posted this, and I stole it.  I stole it because I can relate to it.  It is not just obesity, we have some of that in my family, but alcoholism, bad nutrition, and a sedentary lifestyle.  Now my family members pay the price.  Some people think it is a tough decision to get up every morning and run or workout, to eat the salad and pass on the burger. I guess it might be if I did not fully realize all choices have consequences. 

The friend who posted this also stated she had not been raised to be healthy, but she was the adult now and in charge of her choices.  How true.  We are no longer the sum of how we were raised, as if that predetermined our health destiny.  We are the adults now.  The only person our bad habits punish is us.  I don't know about you, but I want to be able to enjoy my life.  I want good health.  I don't want chronic pain and disease.  It may still happen, but things happen we can't control.  What I can be sure of, is it won't be as a result of my choices. 

I used to take pride in being the girl with the Straight A's who almost flunked P.E.  On Saturday I finished third in my age group at the race we ran.  I think I will take pride in that.  Only you are in control of the decisions you make.  Since it is your body and your life, why shouldn't they be good ones.    

No comments:

Post a Comment