Pageviews last month

Friday, January 25, 2013

Running Clothes

So this is totally my husband and me. Our laundry does consist of our work clothes and other necessities but with both of us running 7 days a week the bulk of our laundry is definitely dry-fit running clothes, compression sleeves, and running socks.  Oh yeah my streak is still going. 

I have noticed everyone has a running style.  We all have a kind of look that we sport when we are out running.  For me I like to be girly.  I have to have a little pink.  My compression jacket is bright pink.  I mean bright, you can see it from space, pink.  But it makes me feel feminine and cute.  I am not going to lie I am definitely in the cute runner girl camp.  I will also tell you I love the cooler weather.  Not just because no matter how cute your outfit is, excessive amounts of flop sweat is not attractive, but because I LOVE running tights.  Since I live in Georgia and wearing them any other time of the year would result in death from heat stroke I love the winter.  Winter is the only time I can wear them. My husband is always looking for a race signature.  Something you wear or do every race.  So I wore my hair in pig tails at a race and several folks commented.  Voila! Signature race look.   Now for races I always wear my hair in pig tails, (hey I feel young and free when I run).  I usually have a color coordinated outfit and I even have matching sweat bands for the summer.  Some may say that makes a less serious runner, but who says you can't enjoy the way you look when you run? 

My hubby on the the other hand has a very unique style.  First of all he is impervious to temperature, so regardless of the weather he is usually in shorts and a T-shirts.  I think he has been lying to me all these years about being born in Vietnam!  I think he is actually an eskimo!  The best part is with his shorts and T-shirt he will wear his wool hat and his gloves.  Mind you this is not a look everyone can pull off. And before you ask?  Hands off Ladies he is all mine!

There are lots of running clothes and styles. What's yours?   

No comments:

Post a Comment