Pageviews last month

Friday, January 4, 2013

Registered for My First Half - Here We Go!

Today I registered for the Locomotive Half Marathon on February 17, 2013.  This will be my first 1/2 and one of my New Year goals.  I am excited because I like trying new things.  I am hopeful that I won't embarrass myself especially since my husband has said he will be there and is threatening to video my run across the finish line with his I-phone.  U Tube here we come!! 

I think I have a solid base for doing this and I think I can make just a few alterations to my existing running.  I will extend my Wednesday AM run, since I have extra time that morning because I see the Chiropractor before work.  I will be doing my long runs on Saturday solo so I can extend them.  Hubby will get a break from me.  Though he is always welcome to come, but distance is really not his thing.  He can do it; just prefers not to.  That is cool.  He is a very disciplined runner working on the third year of his running streak.  We will do an easy Sunday run together, consider that our "church" time.  I will cut back my Friday runs to an easy 1 mile on the treadmill as a recovery day. 

There are a few things I have to figure out in my training.

1) What shoes do I want to wear?  I will be test driving all of mine, except my trail shoes, on my long runs.
2) What kind of fuel do I need?  I am usually a light eater before a run or nothing at all.  I suspect it won't be a lot. 
3) How much do I need to hydrate?

I think I have a pretty good idea about most of these, but I will just be fine tuning a little in the weeks up to February 17, 2013.  This will also help me with my other goals like running 1,500 miles in the year and running everyday.  I love when a plan comes together!  At least I hope it comes together!

No comments:

Post a Comment