Pageviews last month

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Oh Yeah...That's Why

So a lot of people think I am strange.  I don't eat fast food, I get up at 4:30 in the morning to run.  I come and sing Happy Birthday at all the office parties but I never touch the cake.  Some say "Kathy is so disciplined, some say Kathy does not know how to have fun." 

I would say Kathy has seen the other side of fun.  I got to spend the day today taking my mother to several Doctors.  Eight years ago I got to bury my father at 68. My sister has had two spinal surgeries.  Let's say they haven't made the best health choices.  Lifelong smokers, never exercised, never ate fruit or veggies, drank to excess and enjoyed a fairly sedentary life.  When I got home today my hubby had waited for me to do a late run.  I had not eaten since breakfast but I grabbed a piece of fruit and a couple pieces of Beef Jerky and said let's go.  I needed to get out that door.  Maybe those same folks that think I am weird, would say it is discipline or my regimented, no fun self.  I would say I needed to get out that door, because it may be a disciplined, no fun life, but I want exactly that: a life.  I don't want to end up with an existence rather than a life.  Hubby and I have plans after we retire and they hinge on both of us being healthy and strong.  So I don't consider forgoing the cake and rising early to run a sacrifice.  I don't consider my chiropractor a waste of money.  I consider all of these things as an investment in our future and I am grateful to have a partner that sees things the same way.  Nothing worth having ever comes easy and that goes for health, even though we more often associate it with wealth.

Why do I have so many goals for 2013 that revolve around physical and mental health and strength?  Because nothing is worth anything without it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment