Pageviews last month

Sunday, January 27, 2013

New Year Goals Status Update

We all make resolutions, or goals, or whatever you want to call it in the new year. This blog gives me a chance to try and be accountable so I am grading myself on how I am doing so far. 

First the easy ones, easy because I was already doing them and only hope to continue doing them.  Not much of a goal, but we all need some padding to make us feel better. 

Goal: Try to run everyday. - Check.  I am still running everyday.  I have been since the week before Thanksgiving.  It is not as hard as I thought, but there have been a few days where it was touch and go.  Especially a week of rain where you look at that treadmill with as much excitement as you have for getting your flu shot. 

Goal: To Run a 1/2 Marathon. - Have made good progress.  I signed up for the Locomotive Half in Kennesaw for Sunday, February 17, 2013.  That is 3 weeks away.  I have been steadily working my own training plan and I feel pretty ready.  Next week while hubby heads to San Diego for a family visit, I will be doing my final long practice run (a two hour run as prep).  I don't have a bunch of performance goals for the 1/2.   I think those just interfere with my primary goal of not embarrassing myself by being hauled away in an ambulance.

Goal: To Read more. - I am doing pretty well with this.  I have already completed 7 books this month.  I signed up with Good Reads for their 2013 reading challenge and committed to reading 60 books this year.  If you could not tell I like to use the Internet to help me be more accountable.  People who know me might think that is pretty funny, because some might say I am the most self-motivated person they have ever met.  That, by the way, is not always a good thing.

Goal: To run 1500 miles in 2013. - So for all you mathematicians out there, you know that is approximately 29 miles a week.  I am a little behind that averaging 27 - 29 miles a week.  I still have time, but I may not make the 1500.  I will crush the 988 from 2012.  Really this is just a way to make sure I keep pushing myself.  I try to focus more on being able to run without injury, so sometimes I don't make the 30 miles a week. 

Goal: To eat healthier. - Just to be clear, my normal diet did not consist of chocolate ice cream, Frito's, and fried chicken prior to 2013.  BTW my husband wishes that was our regular diet.  I had a pretty good diet.  Mostly I wanted to add more salad, eat out less, and eat less processed food.  I have been pretty successful adding more salad.  We are now eating about 5 a week with our dinner.  I have not been as successful with eating out less or the processed food.  Sometimes a girl is just tired or late!  I have done well about bringing my lunch to work so I don't go out at lunch. I haven't given up just trying to be honest about where we are.

Goal: To watch less TV. - I think we have done better with this.  I no longer just watch TV.  I cut out stupid reality shows about housewives and endless bickering.  I can't help it, I am still addicted to food competitions.  I know, but I get some good recipes from them. Today we had an Asian Purple Cabbage Slaw.  Thanks to Lizzie on Top Chef!  If there isn't anything I want to see I shut it off and read or do something else.  We could probably do better with this and like the eating healthier I am still trying.

Not being exactly where I want, but working toward improvement is why I call them 2013 Goals not resolutions.  We are a month in and I think I am doing okay.

New Goal: Finding a new job. - For those who have read my blog you know I have made the decision, following a talk with my boss, to find a new job.  I don't just want to jump frying pan to fire so I am really trying to take my time and decide what the next best move is for me.  It is definitely a goal to be in a new job by the end of 2013.  I kind of look forward to a new challenge and a fresh opportunity.  How are your New Year goals going?  It is never to late to evaluate, adjust, or recommit!

No comments:

Post a Comment